Since I just spent a week of my life re-watching ENTOURAGE so I could point out some Easter eggs for an article, let’s do this…
1. The movie begins 9 days after the series finale. Vince (Adrian Grenier) and Sophia (an absent Alice Eve) have begun the process to annul their marriage and Vince is already boozing it up with a bunch of naked women on a yacht in Ibiza.
2. The series ended with Ari and his wife in Italy, after Ari quit being an agent. However, an end credit scene for the episode showed him being offered a job as a studio head. Apparently he took it.
3. Are we just forgetting about Vince’s drug/alcohol problem from season 8? In the movie, he was boozing at parties and not only that, he was given the reigns to helm a huge, big-budget movie? I know Ari is the studio head, but I don’t think he could get away with allowing a first-time director, who is newly sober, direct a big-budget film. Would he even WANT to trust Vince with that?
4. We finally get to see Vince’s Mentos commercial, which is how Ari first discovered him. We also see a picture of Eric (Kevin Connolly) flipping pizzas at Sbarro’s (where he worked before moving to LA with Vince).
5. Apparently Kevin Connolly is trying to cover-up this shamrock tattoo on his chest now?
6. Turtle is now a millionaire, living off of the money he made on the Avion tequila business, which is apparently a real company, from season 7 and 8.
7. Drama is still getting recognized from his stint on Viking Quest.
8. Where was Ari’s daughter, Sarah, during the whole movie? Did she fall off a cliff in Italy? They didn’t even MENTION her, they just showed the (now teenage-looking) son.
9. Johnny Bananas, the animated show Drama created with Andrew Dice Clay, has been canceled.
11. Ari has a meeting location argument with studio chairman John Ellis like he had with Terrance McQuewick back at the agency. Ari wants the meeting held in his office, and Terrance wants it held in his.
12. Why was Scott Caan, a major player and business-partner in season 8, not shown or even mentioned? What is he doing now?
13. Pretty sure I saw the paintball gun, which Ari used to shoot employees at TMA, framed on the wall of his studio office.
14. What happened to Lloyd’s long-term boyfriend? Why was he replaced with Greg Louganis? Cheap ploy for another celebrity cameo? Probably.
15. Ari calls Haley Joel Osment something to the effect of a “cheap version of Forrest Gump”. As you may remember, Osment played Forrest’s son in FORREST GUMP.
16. When Drama’s “sex tape” leaks, many former guest stars make an appearance. For example, Tom Brady (who had a crazy golf game with Drama in season 7) laughs at it. And the gang’s old friend Dom, who is still in prison following his incarceration in season 5 for weed in his car, also sees Drama’s video and laughs.
17. Celebrity guest stars: Haley Joel Osment, Billy Bob Thornton, Ronda Rousey, Emily Ratajkowski, and Piers Morgan.
18. 2 second cameos: Amar’e Stoudemire, Common (lifting weights in a gym), Jon Favreau, George Takei, Armie Hammer, Rob Gronkowski, Russell Wilson, Clay Matthews, Liam Neeson, Calvin Harris, Pharrell, Ed Neill, Kelsey Grammer (who makes a joke about therapy not working for his divorce… wonder what Camille will say about this?), Chad Lowe, David Faustino, David Spade, Cynthia Kirchner, Warren Buffet, Judy Greer, Richard Schiff, Matt Lauer, Maria Menounous, Alyssa Miller, T.I. and Tiny, the TMZ team, and a bunch of sports stars I probably didn’t recognize.
19. Returning cameos: Bob Saget (being disgusting per usual), Gary Busey (being crazy per usual), Andrew Dice Clay, Billy Walsh (who is still sporting his MEDELLIN back tattoo), Dr. Marcus (the Gold family therapist), Mark Wahlberg, Mike Tyson (who was desperate to film a Brady Bunch movie with Jessica Simpson in season 7), Mark Cuban, and Jessica Alba (who flirted with Vince in season 1).